Saturday, December 12, 2009

Love Food, Hate Waste

It was Flighty who introduced me to this website and project, click on the button over on the right side there. I think it is being run in Wales and England but it most definately applies to everyone, everywhere. We shouldn't waste food!!! I know, I know - who am I to preach? I have had raspberries go mouldy in the fridge, have been careless when lifting parsnips and pulled out young ones which I let die, I often don't finish everything on the plate etc. So this goes for me too - TRY TO STOP WASTING FOOD!!

There are people in the world dying every bloody day, every minute because they are literally starving. Not 'oh, I'm hungry, I think I'll get a biscuit' but 'Oh (too weak to talk)' hungry.

Those of us who do Grow Our Own have the prefect excuse to eat well and not waste food. For instance 2 nights in a row this past week Andrew and I had lottie soup. It was thick potato (Maris Piper *whisper this bit ~ bought in, we've run out of our own, shame*), Carrot (rainbow ones ~ yummy) and Leek. Goregous. During the week we also had our own Beetroot and our own Runner Beans (from the freezer - OH my! a taste of Summer) along with loads of other stuff we've grown.

Anyway Love Food, Hate Waste; seems like a good slogan to me xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com My Zimbio Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner