Friday, January 16, 2009

Focus on ...Looking to the future

With great thanks to Mo, Irene and my darling Hubby (who I love more than words can say) I feel well enough now to write a quick blogette.

I am trying (with not a little difficulty) to look to the future and with that in mind I think it's apt to 'Focus on'... seeds. We were at a nursery both on Sunday and for a moment, yesterday. Everywhere you look there are seed stands and potatoes for the chittin', daffs and primroses. And quite frankly - Thank Goodness!

We have of course been looking at seed catalogues, seeds on the websites and in the magazines over the horrid winter period. Now, we are ready for a new growing year; Andrew even looked through the seed box to see what was viable for this year and we have a good lot that we're going to stick in a seed tray and see what happens.

(By the way that is Maggie's hotdog in amongst that pile - she was 'helping')

My only thought really for you today is... check what you have already, take time to look for the best offers on seeds (try Pound shops and big evil*DIY stores, honestly) and see if you can share seeds with friends/family. Let's face it, we're Allotmenteers ~quality and 'good value' (i.e. cheapness) is the key. Oh and I urge you to get flower seeds too, make those friendly insects welcome in your plot.

Speed is of the essence my friends ~ plan, go... and think of the long, fruitful days to come. (Hark at me, being all positive).

*tbc

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com My Zimbio Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner