Thursday, October 8, 2009

National Poetry Day - nothing to do with allotments but what the heck

I wasn't going to do a post today, I haven't been well but the Hubby is sleeping on the sofa beside me and I've been dandering around some friends' blogs and think I will. National Poetry Day could easily have passed me by with out a care in the world but I do have a favourite and it is very important to Andrew and I, it was read on our wedding day.

Had I the Heaven's Embroidered Cloths ~ W.B Yeats.
Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
Plus I always loved Horace's :
Happy the man and he alone,
He who can call today his own,
He who save within can say,
Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today.
Just my wee contribution x

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com My Zimbio Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner