Friday, October 9, 2009

World Mental Health Day - don't ignore it!

I had no idea at all that today was World Mental Health Day even though I visited my psychiatrist today. I am not ashamed to say that; I have a mental health problem. I just want to say out loud that if you feel you have a mental health issue TALK TO SOMEONE YOU TRUST!!

You are NOT alone. It effects people of very age, race, creed and social class. I doesn't matter who you are, you or someone you know well will probably experience at least a period of mental un-wellness. That can be depression after losing a partner, anxiety over losing your job, or bullying at school.

I am well aware that sometimes it feels like no one cares and often there is a severe lack of professionals out there but DO NOT give up, do not feel alone, do not accept anything other than quality assistance. Make your voice heard.

Equally, prevention is better than cure ~ LOOK AFTER YOURSELF, not just physically but mentally too. You matter, honestly, you do.

And remember......Ecotherapy Rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com My Zimbio Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner