Sunday, November 22, 2009

The last pumpkin

Well it had to happen someday, we've finished our little harvest of pumpkins. I feel silly but honestly, I'm a bit upset. What's that all about?? We grow and tend to our crops so we can enjoy the literal fruits of our labour. We worried about and pandered to the needs of these little beauties, especially after last years disaster and were so proud of them. I guess I miss that tension and the joy of what was to be, it's always better than getting what you want, right? I mean, often I look forward more to the planning of a holiday rather than the time away itself - I'm I alone in this?
Well, I thought it deserved a photo. It was being used in an Andrew risotto special last night, along with our own leek and garlic too. His risottos are wonderful, he truly is a great cook. With these ingredients there was risotto rice (obviously), stock, pancetta, marscapone cheese (just a little) and lemon. It was gorgeous. Just have to wait for a year until my next home grown one. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com My Zimbio Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner