Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A moments silence... ;)

It is a sad and terrible thing when one loses a plant but to lose a whole tray of healthy baby Celeriac - well that's just plain carelessness... (with apologies to Mr Wilde).

On Monday evening we took down a lovely and I mean beautiful tray of celeriac seedlings to put them in the cold frame. They had been on a lovely sunny window sill in the spare room/dump room and were looking fab. Mr Gault here thought it was time for them to be hardened off.

Last night I learnt they had ALL died. It had been too warm and they all fried. A painful way to go I should imagine. I wonder what their past thoughts were...I like to think it was 'WHY?? daddy Andrew, WHY???' croak. *looking at the hubby with one of 'those' looks* hahaha.

Even more painfully I didn't manage to get a photo of them, or at least I thought I had but I can't find it. Oh dear, it seems we are both rather bad parents, tisk tisk. Off to drown my sorrows in a good old fashioned wake for the seedlings - any excuse for a wee glass of red wine - yummmmmmmy. Ooops, sorry, I'm meant to be sad *clears throat*.

By the way I was at the lottie tonight and it was nice and I took photos and what not and felt better - good old Ecotherapy. I shall write tomorrow xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com My Zimbio Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner