Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Mystery solved.

The grand idea had stemmed from all those years of reading Agatha Christie's Poirot novels. I was going to get 'the little grey cells' working overtime and I was going to discover who the 'Phantom Book Leaver' was (not a great name I admit). DNA swabs were going to be taken, Maggie was going to be put to work as a sniffer dog and, darn it, lie detectors had been ordered. There was to be a grand finale where all my suspects were gathered in our shed (highly implausible as barely 2 people can fit it there on a good day, but a girl can dream) and Andrew would get the radio wound up and tuned into Classical FM ~ for drama. Then.....I would reveal, to the shock and awe of everyone, who the mystery benefactor was. My moment of glory, my close up and my reputation on the lotties cemented for good.

That was the idea. In reality things were much more mundane, as life tends to be. Andrew and I were walking up to the car park and Phil came over for a chat and just casually asked me during conversation if I liked the books he had left me. I was dumbfounded!

He did receive my thanks and a big hug, but something in me can't help but be a little disappointed; my moment of glory, stolen (before I even had a chance to get those grey cells in gear and teach Maggie what sniffer-dogs do), and the news broken beside the manure heap as well!! What would Ms Christie think!



******
I've had a horrible day, full of shakes, pure panic and an unsuccessful visit from my Social Worker. We're just back from a quick trip to the Lottie, which wasn't a good idea really for me today, yesterday it was nice, we had a BBQ and it was fun but every day is different...This has been the first time today when I have felt comfortable; Maggie is sleeping on 'her sofa', Andrew has done some dishes (bless him) and is now reading another second hand veg book he bought today, the decaff coffee is brewing and for once I am able to communicate to others without stuttering all over the place.


******
One more thing, Thanks Stephen for putting a link to your (slightly embarrassing photo) of Andrew and I litter picking at the Spring Clean weekend. May I just point out that once that picture was taken I went off and filled my black bag with rubbish, where as you and Andrew chatted to Bill. Behold the evidence.... shame on you! x


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com My Zimbio Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner