Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Beckham Fan 'Harper7' Shares Name with Couple's Child

James Harper has been thrust into the spotlight following the arrival of David and Victoria Beckham's fourth child. The 23-year-old's Twitter account name of @Harper7 has attracted plenty of attention after the Beckhams called their newborn girl Harper Seven.

The green keeper at Newcastle Golf Club set up his Twitter account in 2009 after combining his surname with the number worn by his favourite player, David Beckham.

Manchester United season ticket holder James said: "Beckham is a bit of a role model for me and I always have the number seven on the back of my football shirt as that's the number he wore for United and England. When they announced the name of the baby I immediately thought it was my name and number."

He said: "I have had plenty of messages from random people asking me about the name. I got a Twitter message the other day from Lisa Snowdon telling me they were talking about me on their Capital FM show. I went on air and had a chat with her and Johnny Vaughan about it as I am the original Harper Seven."

While James admits to being a big fan of David Beckham he remains unconvinced over the name of the England legend's daughter. He said: "I'm not sure about it to be honest, I thought Harper was a surname and Seven isn't actually a name is it? I've had no offers to sell my account name but if the offer came I would – ideally to Beckham."
source: This is Staffordshire

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com My Zimbio Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner